Tonsils functions as filters for the oesophagus. They prevent the germs to pass through the end to enter the airways to cause infections. They are the defensive organs which produce antibodies, but they themselves are liable to infections. So, Tonsillitis is an infection to the tonsils which is majorly caused by bacteria or virus. In this condition, the tonsils become swelled and inflated. Children are more tending to infect with this disease.
- July JADA evaluates psychosocial measures as predictors of chronic TMD
- Virgin Islands Dental Association holds oral health summit with ADA
- Coalition asks Congress to address Medicaid funding shortfall in U.S. territories
- ADA urges Congress to address acute pain in response to opioids
- House passes first of two spending bills, allots $484 million for NIDCR