Lucky for us, there are many conventional ways nowadays to improve our appearance and aesthetics. Botox, dermatological services, cheek fillers, breast augmentation surgery and lip fillers have become the most in-demand cosmetic procedures that took beautification to the next level. If you are planning to get lip fillers, visit refineclinic.com to read about lip injections and how they can enhance your looks.
What Are Lip Fillers
Lip fillers are the dermal components used in lip augmentation. The main purpose of this procedure is to provide a fuller, plumper, and less wrinkled lip. Lip augmentation uses dermal fillers for safe lip injections. Most lip injections these days are often composed of hyaluronic acid to help increase the volume of the lips.
To better understand the effects of lip augmentation, let us find out the role of its major dermal filler, which is the hyaluronic acid. This substance is naturally produced by the body to maintain water that is essential in keeping the tissues in the body lubricated and moisturized. It’s an important substance in lip injections that help in improving the volume of the lips to make them look plumper and fuller. Listed below are the most well known hyaluronic acid dermal fillers available in the market:
- Belotero Balance
- Elevess Dermal Fillers
These are all lip injectables that can give the same results and final output.
Where to Get Lip Fillers
Due to certain advancements in dentistry, cosmetic dentists are now the most reliable professionals to perform lip augmentation. Aside from independent cosmetic clinics, many dental clinics are now offering this lip treatment to improve the appearance of the lip. It’s ideal to consult cosmetic dentists for lip injections because they can also assess the status of the teeth with reference to the lips. Many are unaware, but this is actually a very important factor to consider. Something that most aesthetic clinics are lacking.
Things to Consider in Getting Lip Injections
Before getting lip fillers, it is important that you fully understand what you’re getting yourself into. Here’s a list of some of the few things that you need to consider before getting lip injections:
- The magic does not happen overnight. If you have very thin lips prior to the procedure, don’t expect to have extremely volumized lips in a day. It will take time and a few several sessions to achieve your desired plumpness.
- It can be painful too. This will actually depend on your level of pain tolerance and how gentle it would be injected into your lips. But don’t worry because most clinics are offering numbing gel to lessen the pain.
- The lifespan of the dermal fillers will depend on the substance used and the age of the recipient. Typically, it will last for four to 6 months and would need touch-ups regularly.
- You wouldn’t even feel any difference. You will feel almost just the same as when you had your natural lips, but bet on it, you will not look the same at all.
- It would take at least 24 hours before the swelling wears out. The physician or cosmetic dentist will advise you to place a cube of ice on top of your lips to reduce the swelling. You will most likely be asked not to brush your teeth for a day.
- Make sure to inform your dentist or physician about your allergies. The substance might have ingredients that could trigger allergic reactions.
- Hyaluronic acid dissolves inside the lips once it’s injected. However, it’s possible to have it removed should you feel uncomfortable with your new looks.
- Make sure to find a reliable and professional lip augmentation service provider. Don’t just settle for the cheap ones. Lip fillers can result in irreversible damages if injected improperly by unprofessional personnel.
Cost of Lip Augmentation
The cost of lip augmentation will depend on your personal preferences. If you wish to have fuller, thicker, and more noticeable lips, then expect your bill to go quite high.
For regular lip injections, the average cost would be $390 per session. For more defined lips, it would cost you around $600. Combined lip injections and anti-wrinkle procedures can go as high as $800 above.
Advantages Of Lip Fillers
You’re probably now well aware of how dermal fillers can change the look of your lips. But to fully help you decide if you should get dermal fillers or not, refer to the list below to know its top benefits:
- It’s a nonsurgical method. You will not have to worry about the drawbacks of surgeries as it heals fast and requires little to no recovery time.
- It’s common and very well-liked by many. Now that having fuller lips is desired by almost everyone, would you let yourself get left behind? You can even get this treatment at your dentist.
- It will boost your self-esteem. You will definitely feel younger and more kissable after the treatment.
- It looks natural. As long as you keep it in moderation, your fillers will never look overworked or artificial.
- You are the boss. The doctor will initially ask your preference and work their way from there. The plumpness, volume, and thickness of your lips will depend on how you want them to look.
After getting lip injections, make sure to follow the aftercare procedures to maintain the health of your lips. Avoid going to places with very high temperatures like saunas and steam rooms for 2 days. The heat will only worsen the swelling and cause you more discomfort. Drugs that can thicken the blood are also prohibited.