Tonsils functions as filters for the oesophagus. They prevent the germs to pass through the end to enter the airways to cause infections. They are the defensive organs which produce antibodies, but they themselves are liable to infections. So, Tonsillitis is an infection to the tonsils which is majorly caused by bacteria or virus. In this condition, the tonsils become swelled and inflated. Children are more tending to infect with this disease.
- How Can Mandibular Prognathism (Underbite) Affect Dental Health?
- Can The Treatment For Receding Gums (Gingivoplasty) Save My Gums?
- Aftercare: What Are The Dos And Don’ts After Tooth Extraction?
- What Is The Dental Implant Process Timeline: How Long Does It Take?
- How Long Do Composite Fillings Last? (Dental Treatment And Recovery)